Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

2.6 Money

 2.6 Money : Activity Sheet

Q.3 (A) Read the given extract and complete the activities given below: (10) 

When I had money, money,

 O! I knew no joy till I went poor; 

For many a false man as a friend 

Came knocking all day at my door. 

Then felt I like a child that holds

  A trumpet that he must not blow

  Because a man is dead; I dared 

Not speak to let this false world know. 

Much have I thought of life, and seen

  How poor men's hearts are ever light;

 And how their wives do hum like bees

  About their work from morn till night.

 So, when I hear these poor ones laugh,

 And see the rich ones coldly frown

  Poor men, think I, need not go up

  So much as rich men should come down. When I had money, money,

 O! My many friends proved all untrue;

 But now I have no money,

 O! My friends are real, though very few.


 A1 Complete the web (02)

 A2 Complete the sentences. (02)

 1) The poet wanted to become poor because ……… 

2) The poet doesn’t want to speak to this fake world……………….…… 

A3 ‘Can we live without money’ write your view’s about this statement. (02) 

A4 Complete the following table. (02) .

Stanza Rhyming schemeRhyming words
.............
Stanza 02......1....

A5 Compose four lines on ‘friendship

Q. 1 A Read the extract and do all the activities given below.

A1 Match the pairs.
Column A Column B
1. When he had money a. his friends were real.
2. He felt like a child b. hum like bees .
3.Poor men's wives c. that holds a trumpet but can't blow.
4. When he had no moneyd. his friends were false.


 
A2. The poet found real happiness when he had no money. Elaborate.

A3. Give your opinion about ' Happiness can't be bought with money.'

A4. ' Much have I thought of life.' Name the figures of speech and find another similar example.

A5. Convert the following sentences into poetic lines.
1. I was a poor man.
2. Because I had no work.

Answer-
Answers
Column A Column B
1. When he had moneyd. his friends were false.
2. He felt like a child c. that holds a trumpet but can't blow.
3.Poor men's wives  b. hum like bees.
4. When he had no moneya. his friends were real.
.
A2. When the poet had money many false friends gathered around him. He could not enjoy the real happiness and joy. The importance of money was realised when he lost the money. But that was real happiness for him because he had true friends around him.

A3. It is rightly said that happiness can't be bought with money. Happiness is a state of mind. It is achieved with contentment. With money one can buy mattress but not rest.

A4. Inversion: The line is not in a prose order. The correct order is - I have thought much of life.
Another example of inversion - Then felt I like a child that holds.
A5. A poor man was I
Because no work had I.



Click -🔽


Post a Comment

0 Comments